Monday, October 7, 2024

From Ok to LA

Peekaboo

Simone should have used the kill switch long before this 

JB weld?




 How the hell did I get signed up to race the Vet MX World Champioships at Glen Helen?!  How did the Beverly Hill Billies end up in LA also? It’s been more than a couple years since I made it out to the Oklahoma Gold Rush Grand Prix. The last time I overalled, thank you thank you, enough about me let’s talk about me some more. I asked Pussy Feet if he was going this year and somehow me and Lord Mick got talked into racing some serious motocross instead which is great because I haven’t raced a modern motocross in ummm 7 years. Then I looked around my stable at all my stead’s…. I sold the Lil Goose factory Honda Team CR125 a few years back…. My 95 CR250 has been completely transformed into a pumpkin smashing trail bike, A few XR650Rs- nope, not doing that again, a couple CRF450X that would do the job just fine to my abilities but what is a challenge without some stupid hard challenges! Let’s build a CRF450R from bits I have laying around! An 06 frame, 07 cases, some 250R forks, about 116 trips out to my dark 40’ conex storage container for a bracket, vent hose, correct bolt, and a whole bunch of warm fuzzy red Honda love and here I am… 





I started putting the chassis together last weekend and it sure is nice being a Honda bolt horder. The engine was a bit more challenging and I started building it a few months ago after being talked into this whole brilliant idea of racing the fastest motocrosser with grey whiskers in California. What I thought was a good bottom end with just a stuck crank turned out to be an exploded connecting rod that managed to torpedo through the transmission and all. So I found some 07 cases for cheap and pieced together the rest from my milk crates, coffee cans, and rubber made tubs. 

I have a couple weeks left before Mick and I go pillage the west coast like the crazed coloradian hill Billy scary van punks we are!

No comments: