Wednesday, May 31, 2023

KX500 Trackmaster finally roosts.


It has been a few years since Wallace and I have done things with his camera and my subject matter. But I figured he better come shoot some pictures of this thing before I wreck it or it wrecks me. I started building this thing almost two years ago. I am getting slower and older but perhaps no wiser. Wallace showed up at the shop 1.5 hrs before sunset. We took some glamour shots in my shop with the bike up on a lift, on the floor from a ladder and out in my junk yard then loaded it up and went to an industrial fuel refinery down the road. The place was locked up tighter than a nun's volvo wagon but the train yard seemed a good enough background. I went to load the bike back into the van and a sudden burst of spontaneous mischief over took me and I threw a leg over the bike doubting I could start it without a riding boot on but I must be making friends with the half liter skeeter eater because it fired up echoing off the train cars like a tortured dragon. Before Wallace could get his camera set for action I was dragging pipe and sliding the beast. It was a blast. With only minutes to spare before sunset we loaded back up and headed to the other end of my little town for a rare backdrop of the elusive desert flowers. Seeing this bike come together finally means a lot to me. Ol Cosmic Cowboy me dear late friend brought this frame into my shop with the plan that we would do something cool with it. I think I will put some of his ashes in the fuel tank and continue raising some hell with it :)







 

1 comment:

Russ104 said...

I've been looking forward to seeing this machine finished - it's looking awesome!