Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Project Rage Cage takes shape

 









After months of delay I finally van tripped over to Mona Gary to get the start of the chassis. He bent all the tube for me, built the jig, and started tacking it together. What an awesome buddy! I am sure if I would have kept delaying my trip out to get it, he would have completely finished the chassis.



Since this build is intended for Colorado Hill Climb racing I decided to lengthen it by 7". This made the KJ Raycing VF-1 plans a lot more difficult to follow but the plans are just that: plans; not exact instructions. 
Gary's bender could not do the acute bend needed for the nose so I was left with figuring out the best way to attach all the tubes at the nose.


Novella digs it!
Now, on to suspension, fitting up the Hayabusa power, and styling in the angles...

No comments: