Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Racing, living, loving, and red fucking carpet

Busy weekend. Friday practice at HPR. Bike was puking oil out the breathers so bad I thought I botched the top end rebuild. Routed the hoses up high and into a catch can and all was fixed. Drove back into Denver to pick up my beloved Cookie at the airport after her two weeks checking out India. Back to HPR before the sun was up Saturday and finished top ten in two classes and then crashed out in the third. Drove the 70 miles back to town Saturday night for my buddy Campo's Meta magazine issue 003 release party at Erico where the Womble (project retard) and my BSA chopper were on display along with the Ronin secondary pikes peak bike. I straightened the SV up, took a shower and made the party. I was totally blown away to walk in and see my bikes on center stage. It was a very good time. I managed to only have two free beers and get to bed before any pumpkins appeared. I didn't even loose my glass slipper. Back up at the butt crack of dawn for another drive out to HPR. 4th in modern vintage. 7th in Novice GTU. 4th in Thunder bike and finished it off with a 2nd in Supertwins GTU (from the 12th row) just in time for the clouds to burst. I took the day off yesterday to celebrate my Cookie's birthday and ride some roller coasters. Now it is time to work. Anything worth doing is worth doing as hard as you fucking can.

No comments: