Sunday, September 8, 2024

Temple Canyon Hill Climb

 The homebrew race car finally got on the podium and finished 6th overall vehicle out of 60 entrants. I'm a proud poppa.  I was able to fix all the chain derailment carnage and installed a billet countershaft cover? chain guard and a MX style chain guard on the secondary sprocket. The brakes had gone all to squishy shit again so I tried a new bleeding method involving a third hand cracking the bleeder on the front calipers allowing the balance bar to allow the rear master cylinder to get a more complete throw displacing more fluid every bleed plunge. They pumped up firmer than ever so this tells me that there has been air in the system all along. By the end of the weekend they had gone all to squishy shit again so my fuckery continues...

All Smiles after building this car from the ground up and finally starting to figure out how to drive it.
She is my everything.

The road was in great condition and I was able to feel confidence enough to push the car flat out on the straights and I think my brain and feet are starting to work together better getting me through the corners.





Also I won the motorbike class but I had to work for it and I am building a dyno.


"It is easy to do a lot of little but hard to do a lot with a little." -me half pickled with pbr and old crow...

No comments: