Friday, August 16, 2024

Two big events, One week; Part one

 Lands End Hill Climb- The big one of the year.

It was hot. Me and my daughter had to leave my shop to head up to the race. The Bonneville boys, Jim and Don from Arkansas and Alex from Norway would have to look after themselves, and my shop. I could not miss the Lands End Hill Climb even for the great cause of the world's most powerful two stroke on the world's most big and flat salty tortilla flat speedway. So come Friday me and Nova left the boys at the shop and went to the 3rd oldest motor race in America, only an hour from my shop with race car, race bike, and pre runner bike all loaded up with the trusty van, we were off.
I am the only one of the hill climb racers who shows up solo without any help. I am also the only one who races two different vehicles. So I need not bring up me being the only one changing from bike leathers to race car suite eight times a day. So why not bring my daughter. Just me and her? I figure one can handle anything one says they can. It's worked out for me so far...

In the 100 degree heat we both got tired. The Lands End Pit is my happy place. A special sanctuary of speed.

Top of the world. Or at least the world's largest flat top mountain (mesa) - the Grand Mesa. If you could see through the forest fire smoke you could see our humble home in Mack in the distance.

The Lands End road is one mighty fine road!

If there is anything I love more than being a racer it is being a dad.

We won the motorcycle class for the 8th year in a row. Despite the heat from the young guns. The Hayabusa car derailed the chain and knocked a hole in the case cover but up until then we were shredding and on pace for our first podium. There was glory.

The ride home. For Nova. Only a quick pit stop for me, dropping her off, on my way to Bonneville....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mighty fine work. Can’t wait for part 2