Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Bakc to basics: A lesson in trail

 


I ride trails. Not trials. I partake in trials, tribulations, try anything once. Tried it before. Might  try it again. Long ago I learned what rake angle was. It broke and I had to buy the wife a new rake. I also learned what off set and trail where. I let my un diagnoised ADD number fearing brain let those equations fad away and just know what it feels like when my forks are too steep or when the off set is twitchy. But this nice tight discussion from Richard Pollock of Mule makes much more easy sense than my normal eyeball it, cut, grind, eyeball it more and say "fuck it, fuck yeah". I must be getting old. preaching about doing things correctly. Whatever. Give it a read and maybe you will be less lost loading dog turd leaf piles into the bin with a broken rake while rationalizing why a trail and a trial are of importance at all.

https://phillittleracing.com/richard-pollock-of-mule-motorcycles-talks-about-sportster-race-handling

No comments: