Friday, February 26, 2021

Harness the gnarness

 


Three days ago I took the race car out for a spin on some back roads and it made me feel amazing.

Two days ago my mom unearthed my baby photo album I had never seen before and it made me smile and then... left me feeling not so good.

By the time I shifted the car out of 2nd gear I was sliding sideways linking a couple of corners together. I was completely in control of something most never experience.

Before I was three years old I looked to be a perfect piece of my perfect family but before I was four my parents split and all I remember is the fighting. I will probably never know why.

Being a racer has given me what nothing ever could.

But racing has always been more than a pacifier to me. It has been a teacher. I still have so much to learn...

No comments: