Thursday, September 3, 2020

Lost in the weeds

 Loosing the Cosmic Cowboy has been tough. Realizing how much somebody means to you after they are gone is a tough load of shit to swallow. Since the first of February when I put Baja dog down I have been depressed. I dream of her often and awake completely sad. Last spring some morning doves nested in the tree right out side of our bedroom window and for months they were the inspiration of my life. After the chicks left the nest I was again left feeling alone. My loving partner is very patient with me but with the Corona Crap forcing her to work from home I have been trying to make sure I don't weigh her down with my moody bullshit. So I took to growing plants. My babies. And of course my shop has been completely over booked with work since the outbreak. I have been more busy than a dog with three dicks in a fire hydrant factory. Good yes, but busy is not as good as some think when you own your own business and have a trouble with telling people "Nope".  Colorado had it's largest wild fire 10 miles from my shop and after over a month of awful air quality and snowing ash,  cooler weather and a bit of rain has cleared things out finally. I feel a lot better just being able to breath clean air and see our beautiful horizons.  Also on the sunny side I was able to take a 3rd overall at an endure a couple of weeks ago. The two enduros and two hill climb races look to be it for 2020 as the last hill climb was just cancelled.  I will keep wrenching and dialing in the race car for next year and pounding my dirtbike through the desert to stay fit. And of course reaping the fruits of my gardening. We'll see...



 

No comments: