Wednesday, January 15, 2020

begininnings, stepping stones, and destinations

 I rode my BMX to the video rental store and the clerk, bald on top waterfall mullet on back, let me rent On Any Sunday with out paying and I had to convince my mom to rent a VCR from the grocery store.. Then it was The Dirt Bike Kid, Winners Take All, Time Racer,  and Herbie The Love Bug. I must have been 7 or 8 years old. I watched them Duke boys jump that charger and the A Team. I rode that BMX all over town and took to diving dumpsters. My single Mom let me pile up my findings in the yard. I hauled a clothes dryer on my wagon home. I snuck into the train yard and hauled home giant coil springs. Xerox machines, old bicycles, anything.
It should be no surprise the first word I learned to spell was JUNK. Followed shortly after by FART.
The dream was to build my own vehicle. My vision was a super buggy.
30 years later:

No comments: