Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Been working on my tan

I did it. I finally built an XR650R tracker. After talking about it for over ten years now. I got the lead out of my ass and whipped it together in less than two weeks. Also got a wicked welding sun burn. The aluminum welding on the frame was a mother fucker as my old Coors keg ice box sized tig machine don't work so good on anything thicker than a bottle cap. As my arms and crazed Tupac expression can tell you, I was holding that torch to her like a last ditch crack head trying to burn out that last bit of resin from a twilight tweeker light bulb crank pipe. Thug life beotch. No seriously though this bike is a loud mouthed mean mother with a devine tendency to leave nasty ass sideways rear tire marks into, around and right on the fuck out of corners. The front end off of my old SV with caliper, over sized rotor, and R1 17mm master cylinder pound my pud into the XL350 tank with an authority to be cautious of. And a squeal like a poor baby seal getting clubbed by a commercial fur trader. Strictly commercial.  Though I started from the bare frame last week I did already have the steering mocked onto another frame and I started building the engine one piece at a time as money would allow through out this year.  The organ donor engine came into my possession via major transmission carnage. The doner frame came into my possession via customer loosing his "Fat Samantha" (Beloved trusty XR650R) to a Moab flash flood that filed the engine with so much mud and sand I have yet to tackle the resurrection. But if Jesus can do it... I have faith in the big red pigs. Dr. Frankenstien creates a true monster on this one. This weekend I will flog her up the Lands End Hill Climb. New Record? ... I hope. And like last year I will load up after sunday's race and drive through the night to race the Stockton 1/2 mile monday and tuesday night. Hopefully my welder tan blisters are done peeling before I cram my carcass into them pink and purple leathers....
All eyes on me

Hi Mom

First test ride went pretty well other than the post adrenaline Michael J Fox shacking hands and a weeping kick starter seal

Im getting better at fab work but it is still farm boy fab at best. Exhaust was mainly built from my VW bug's old steering column shaft (way too big). The out-put tips are stock car inspired.
If it's too loud - you'r too... what? .... WHAT?

Cockpit is just that. 
Note: I love these bikes so much, even in stock form. So the only things I did to this bike that can't be undone or brought back to complete stock form was the drilling of two holes in the subframe crossmember for the seat and the tank mounts witch could be cut and ground off if I ever turn into some old wrinkled assed metamucil farting preservationist twat. ( Im already all except the preservationist.)