Friday, September 19, 2014

Farm boy engineering

Chopped out 3" from the linkage. Did my first bit of TIG welding to put the link back together. Its not pretty but as they say in court: penetration is penetration. I think. Will it work? Dont know! Reckon I just have to put the Big ass XS together and bomb though some unsuspecting whoop section... either it will or it wont...
  UPDATE: Fail; suspension would not compress but a few inches because of the angle of the linkage fedangle. Math was the first class i dropped out of. Figured this was not going to be easy. Even more painful is the metal lodged into my eyeball preventing me from sleeping. As soon as i get out of what ever hell the doctors put me through to extract this weld slag that is painfully penetrating (penetration is penetration) my pupil, I shall go purchase some real safety glasses and some real drafting paper so I can figure out this fuckingodamnsumbitch linkage. Never give up. Tough get going- the tough get going. Gonna be dumb, gotta be tough. Feels to be a long sleepless night. Maybe my medicating will lead to another post. I could ramble on and on about how table tennis or tiddly winks would have been a much more pleasurable hobby than crazy ass fucking motorbikes. ...positive vibration to follow :)

2 comments:

OILY RAG said...

Tiddely winks is dangerous, an a sleepless night may be just the ticket to come up with a EUREKA! moment.
Full power to your elbo , ol been.

Paul said...

hang in there Dood!