Tuesday, December 8, 2020

[HOONIGAN] Gymkhana 2020: Travis Pastrana Takeover; Ultimate Hometown Sh...

I remember when watching the first Ken Block Gymkhana. It was the first time I experienced you tube in a way that was more than two or three minutes at a time and the first time I realized that the internet was becoming a marketing tool that can continually feed one thing into another leading you down a worm hole of never ending feed. Up until then Ken Block and Pastrana were people that I knew from racing with and I was then proud to brag to people that I had met them. I am not sure why. But soon later I got my first computer and discovered blogging and I loved the time I spent with my computer. I was addicted for sure but looking back from the facebook/instagram age I sure miss the good old hay days of blogging. I still get super excited when I see a creation of words or thoughtful pictures on a blog but it has become few and far between as it seems now that the gram has takin control of taking control. A few days after getting Layla I realized that a puppy was far more essential to give my attention to than a stupid phone screen thing that is far more scary than anything Orwell ever wrote about. So I deleted my instagram app and am trying to look at the feed once or twice a week to answer business messages. So far I have reloaded the app twice to post something and then instantly instagram is deleted from my phone again before I can start the droning scroll and feel the need to like the others cought up in it, ok maybe I look at a few of my homies but then I delete!  It is just my way of finding balance and probably has a lot to do with were I am at in my life. I remember others telling me the same thing and I thought to my self what the hell is wrong with them and why cant they keep from endlessly scrolling and then I found my self sucked in doing just that for hours a day! It makes me disgusted to even admit that! So anyhooo. I still like the internet and the wonderful endless library of both media and knowledge, I am just trying to find my elusive balance. The quality. After that first Ken Block Gymkhana many have tried to copy but fall short (Except that Danny MacAskill pedal power duder) but a big enery drink budget and somebody like Pastrana is sure to appease. I remember watching all the Nitro Circus movies over and over again and thinking that Pastrana would never make it out of his youth alive but here he is, still living on and over the edge. Living it up.

No comments: