Sunday, June 30, 2024

One week with a Norwegian, two Arkansasians and Moped Dick

 Not long ago, maybe a two months ago, I found myself on a conference call with the lovely people I went to Bonneville with 5 years ago but got rained out and ended up having a really good time non the less. The talk of going back to the salt came up and all were in favor and than the proposition was raised to go this summer... " Why not?" was said. And again; "Why not?" And go....  operation attack of the fastest 50cc, most powerful 2-stoke per displacement commence

What lunching a piston at 16,000 rpm sounds like.

Alex (2StokeStuffing) is not only one of the most interesting minds but.... aw shucks....

Engineer Don. Out front of my shop.
Don, Alex, and Jim doing the Data

Space monkey getting ready to space monkey


Layla disapproves of my work

Out skirts of Mack Colorado is about 70 feet different than the Bonniville 

Lots of Rainer was drank during the late nights.






I think we broke and welded the pipe four times or more. Some furious harmonic sonic
pulse waves are doing the boogie woogie at play. Despite a lot of what some might call failure we kept a positive outlook throughout the week, making up to three trips a day out to the test track 20 minutes away from my shop. We got a few good 75 mph runs, not far off the record, despite never even getting a chance to jet or tune the clutching. I sent the engine home to Norway with Alex so he can do some torture testing on his Dyno. Come August we shall concur!










!!

No comments: