Friday, June 9, 2023

Go time

 

Jeffery Carver shaking down the race bike. Could I ask for anything more?!!
So I loaded up my van with a back up secondary class bike, a back up back up, because I want to know what the xr650r will do against 450s on the mile, and for shits and grins and against all good judgment I brought the Trackmaster KX500 because: live for today…

I writes this post from a rest area in lush green Kansas after successfully finding my tire on a UPS truck and crossing the ol rectangle of Colorado. The birds are singing louder than the whine of the passing 18 wheelers as drizzled rain drops pitter patter out a soothing rhythm on my roof. Tomorrow I’ll visit the Late Great Cosmic Cowboys ol pad, maybe unload the 500 and do a donut in his front yard, leave a Hot Wheels toy as an offering and go stay with the Pottorf’s, friends Cowboy introduced me to. Young Pottorf is contesting some of the AMA pro flattrack series this year. Maybe spin some laps on their private test track before heading out to Carver’s place for some Wizard sessions. Here we go…

No comments: