Monday, March 26, 2018

"It is not about the bike". - Lance

Whenit came out, I enjoyed reading Lance Armstrong's book: It Is Not About The Bike. I think He went and later proved that point very well. Now I am not advocating dope or maybe I am but I am quickly wandering from what point I want to make. My red headed 2009 CRF450X is not a motocross purpose built bike but rather a toned down fat old man version of its fire breathing 'ARRGH' brother complete with electric start and lights. I like to race motocross on it and I really like to beat Monster Energy 'Bro's' with their brand new super tricked out over priced bike and fancy matching power ranger outfits. This bike is now ten years old and when I thought about upgrading to a new bike like before this one I would do every single season religiously, I thought not. We have grown a bond that is strong. This bike has won the over all in enduros and cross country hair scrambles, moto, and even been on the podium at pikes peak and flat tracked the Stockton half mile. Maybe it is about the bike. I love this bike. Much.

1 comment:

benchdonkees said...

It's about the nut on the handlebars too Travis!